现在的科学技术太强大了，会利用科技的人才会走在前端呀!需要钱买书本、文具还有一些校内其他的开支。别骗你自己了，这只是开支的一小部分呀，巨头是零食、交通、寒暑假的开支。医疗保险费和人际交往费呀。如果你不做些相关记录的话，你肯定不知道自己已经花了多少钱，你们可能不是这样的(我不信!)，Spendbook, Wally, You Need a Budget and Budgt 这类的预算和财务统计的APP会帮助你更好的理财。
1. Columbia has strong academics and is in the middle of New York City.
2. Columbia has very strong science programs and I want to study biology. I could also participate in lab work. There is also so much for students to do because of the many on-campus clubs and organizations.
3. I love Columbia for so many reasons but the top three are: Access to Research, the Core Curriculum, and an Active Student Body. I hope to pursue my passion for science by working with Dr. Smith, who is working on Sleep Deprivation in Kids. Columbia’s unique core curriculum also really stands out to me. While I want to study in the sciences, literature is my second passion. I want to study Socrates, Emerson and Bronte with the best. And finally, I want to surround myself with an intellectually invigorating student body. As an active member of my school community, I want to get involved in college. At Columbia, the NY Outreach Program will allow me to continue my love of working with young disadvantaged kids.
3. Why do you want to major in XX?(你为什么要学XX专业?)
首先要明白在申请美国大学的时候，学生是可以选择不定专业的，这也不会影响到面试。但是假如在申请的时候确定你想学的专业的话，在答复这个题目的时候会更加明确。同选校题一样，在面试之前也需要上学校官网查看有关这个专业的介绍以及优势等。而且一定不要说我希望学这个专业是因为想以后可以挣很多钱或者好找工作。假如你确实之前没有考虑过要学什么专业，那么在回答时一定要诚实，你可以表明你的专业意向，比如往哪个领域靠拢。你也可以直接表明我不知道我要学什么专业，但是我喜好和人打交道。所以我希望大学可以学习与之相关的课程比如社会学，心理学等。比如：I really don't know what I will be doing, but I know I want to work with people. In college I'm interested in taking classes in sociology and psychology. 总之，不管你有没有确定的专业，在答复这个题目的时候一定要延伸到本身对某个领域的爱好，要让面试官知道你对未来是有认真思考过的,不能只表明因为喜欢所以选择，或者直接表示不知道。请对比下面两种答案。
Why Chemsitry in MIT?
1. I want to major in something science-oriented. Currently, I am considering Chemistry because it is a good combination of my passion for science and math
2. Chemistry is most likely what I will major in. I have taken two Chemistry courses at my school and scored a 5 on the AP test. I love Chemistry because it is the basis of almost everything that we use. This summer I worked with the Earth Science Department at Stanford where I helped a graduate student study the formation of ice on Antarctica. I had to use many of the chemical principles I learned, such as the difference between Oxygen 7 and Oxygen 8, to help date the dirt samples. I also realized that I love working in a lab, even though it can be tedious at times. MIT also has one of the best Chemistry Labs and the new Calorimeter is supposed to be the best in the world for dating samples. I want to be in that environment and learn from the best.
4. What do you do in your free time? (你的业余生活是怎么度过的?)